The Preschool Program
(3 years old by August 1st)
Monday, Wednesday & Friday 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Tuesday, Thursday & Friday 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Extended Care Day: Monday – Friday 7:00 a.m.- 5:30 p.m.
A SAMPLE DAY
- OPENING CIRCLE: The children will be involved in activities such as: rhythm and movement, sound/letter correspondence, building friendships/bonds, bible study, memorization, practicing listening skills, sharing words/stories/interests, literacy experiences (vast and varied), hands-on interactive experiences (cooking projects, science experiments), problem solving, using critical thinking skills. They will follow a routine, getting familiar with and comfortable with a schedule. They will develop a sense of being part of a group, build their self-confidence, and learn to appreciate and embrace the differences among them.
- CHAPEL: Once a week the children will attend a short devotional story or lesson in the chapel led by either a staff member, pastor, youth director or the administrator.
- WORK JOBS: Hands-on learning games, which promote academic readiness, are available for individual, teacher directed, and small group play.
- FREE CHOICE/CENTERS: Children engage in hands on developmentally appropriate activities across the curriculum.
- SMALL GROUP/INDIVIDUAL ACTIVITIES: The teacher will assist and direct the group to focus on one or two specific skills (i.e. holding scissors, writing name, letter recognition)
- GROSS MOTOR: Running, relays, tumbling, recreation equipment, games, creative movement, and development of large muscles. Through a variety of games, music, and movement the teacher will plan daily activities that give children practice in cooperation, teamwork, large and small muscle development, participating individually and in a group, and being introduced to new games.